Friday 25 January 2013

Gillette Venus Embrace Razor Review

Gillette Venus Products from  Cosmo VoxBox 2012
In my 2012 Cosmo VoxBox from Influenster, I received a new Gillette Venus Embrace Razor, Gillette Venus & Olay razor blade refill, a fact sheet on how Gillette Venus Razor handles can fit any of the Gillette Venus refills and a coupon for 2 off to purchase additional Venus & Olay razor blades.

I am very surprised that I had not seen the fact sheet about how the different Gillette Venus  razor blades fit the different handles. I have had several different Gillette Venus handles over the years and found that I had an original Venus handle, a pink Venus Enbrace, a Venus Breeze over the past several years. It was time for a nice new Venus Embrace handle to go along with trying out the Venus & Olay razor blade.

Razor and Refill
I already knew that I liked the Gillette Venus handle as it has a nice weight to it that makes it easy to use and comfortable to hold onto in the shower. I was not sure about how I would feel about the Gillette Venus & Olay razor blades. I am already accustomed to having 5 blades on my Venus razor so I was pretty comfortable with trying this out right away. It has a nice smell that is not over powering. I was unsure about how long the moisture/conditioner bar would last. I really enjoy using a 5 bladed razor as I feel like I get the closest shave with no irritation or need for shave gel.

As I have given myself several weeks using the new razor and the Gillette Venus & Olay razor blades, I was disappointed in the length of time the moisture/conditioner bar lasted. It only seemed to last about 4 weeks and the last of the moisture/conditioner bar fell off and so there was product that I couldn't use. I have since bought additional Venus & Olay razor blades and the Olay shave gel so once the moisture/conditioner bar is gone I can still use the razor blade a little longer. The only downfall I really came across was the price for 3 of these refills was about $15. This is a bit pricey for me but the great close shave made it worth getting the refills.

Check out the Venus line of Products on their website.

I am really thankful to Influenster to get to try out these awesome products for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment